Background and position
In 2002 I completed my PhD at Lund University in Media and Communication Studies at Lund University. I am now Associate Professor at the Department of Strategic Communication. I have served as Head of the former department of communication studies 2008-2011 and been programme coordinator for the Bachelor programme in Strategic communication. From 2003 until 2008 I was a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Service Management. During the same period I was programme coordinator for Retail Studies and Tourism Studies in the Service Management Programme. I was appointed excellent teaching practitioner (ETP) by the Faculty of Social Science in 2013.
My academic and research interest are focused on the relationship between consumers and organizations. In my dissertation I studied the role of advertising for consumers’ expectations on, experience of and memory from a charter trip. Since then I have been involved in a cross disciplinary and international research project on consumers’ relation to an international retail brand. I have also been involved in projects focused on crises communication. A recent research project consists of analysis of communication strategies for involving consumers in the brand. Other research areas of great interest are the role of visual communication, visual strategies and visual methods. Most studies are based on qualitative methodology such as interviews, observations and analyses of images.
Current research projects
- Communication for innovation in urban environments. Communication opportunities and challenges for the urban renewal project H +. (2011-2013) Financed by Plattformen. Head of project.
- Co-creation in visual new media: Examining the experiences, conditions, and consequences. (2013-2014) Financed by NEMO.
I teach a range of courses at undergraduate and post graduate level at the Department of Strategic Communication and other departments and programmes at Lund University. These courses and modules include qualitative methods and methodology, theories of consumption, risk and crises communication, branding and advertising. At present supervision of doctoral and master students take up most of my teaching involvement.
(hämtat ur Lunds universitets publikationsdatabas)
- Framväxten av strategisk kommunikation – att bygga en institution
- Is there an Instagram gaze? Social conventions governing amateur photography on visual social media
- Rotation curation on Instagram: a cultural practice perspective on participation
- The challenge of internal stakeholder support for co-creational branding strategy
- The role of frames in a co-creation process
- Visuality and crisis communication
- A standardised approach to the world? IKEA in China
- IKEA's image in three countries
- IKEA's image in three countries
- Publikstrategier för Dunkers kulturhus
- Retailer image - Conceptualisation, formation, methods and perspectives in previous research
- Studying image - a visual methodological approach
- The Formation of Image over Time - do chinese, British and Swedish consumers buy the same things at IKEA?
- What does it all mean? Summing up a research project
- A Standardised Approach to the World?
- An approach to use photo elicitation interviews
- Att sätta en plats på kartan - Mediernas betydelse för platsmarknadsföring
- Newspapers - image formation agents for retailers?
- Publikstrategier vid Kulturen i Lund
- Retail Image As Seen Through Consumers' Eyes: Studying international retail image through consumer photographs of stores
- Transferring International Retail Image Internationally