Psychological Defence Research Institute
The Psychological Defence Research Institute is a newly established institute at Lund University.
Psychological defence encompasses the effects of and resilience against attempts at undue information influence that could affect a nation and its interests. The institute intends to develop the research area by conducting research, developing strategic collaborations with institutions and researchers, initiating seminars and research conferences and ensuring that research results and trends in the area of psychological defence are communicated to relevant authorities and institutions.
- Pamment, J. & Smith, V. (2022) Attributing Influence Operations: toward a community framework. Riga: NATO Strategic Communication Centre of Excellence & EU-NATO Hybrid Centre of Excellence
- Pamment, J. & Lindwall Kimber, A. (2021) Fact-checking and debunking: a best practice guide to dealing with disinformation. NATO Strategic Communication Centre of Excellence. Riga: NATO
- Örden, H & Pamment, J. (2021) What is so Foreign about Foreign Influence Operations? Washington DC: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Fjällhed, A., Pamment, J., Bay, S. (2021) A Swedish Perspective on Foreign Election Interference. In Hollis, D & Ohlin, J.D. (eds) Combatting Election Interference: When Foreign Powers Target Democracies. Oxford University Press
- Pamment, J. (2020) The EU’s Role in Fighting Disinformation: Taking Back the Initiative (Part 1). Washington DC: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Pamment, J. (2020) The EU Code of Practice on Disinformation: Briefing Note for the New European Commission (Policy Perspectives Series #1, March 2020). Washington DC: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Pamment, J. & Twetman, H. (2019) Can there be a deterrence strategy for influence operations? Journal of Information Warfare 18:3
- Wanless, A. & Pamment, J. (2019) How Do You Define a Problem Like Influence? Journal of Information Warfare 18:3
- GCS (2019) RESIST Counter-Disinformation Toolkit. London: UK Government Communication Service
- MSB (2018) Countering Information Influence Activities: A Handbook for Communicators. Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB). Stockholm: MSB
- Pamment, J., Nothhaft, H., Agardh-Twetman, H., & Fjällhed, A. (2018) Countering Information Influence Activities: The State of the Art. Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB). Stockholm: MSB
- Bjola, C. & Pamment, J. (2018) Countering Online Propaganda and Violent Extremism: The Dark Side of Digital Diplomacy. Oxon: Routledge.
E-mail: psychologicaldefence [at] isk [dot] lu [dot] se
E-mail: hannah [dot] ekroth [at] isk [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone No. +46 42 35 66 58